Thursday, March 6, 2008

BMS party and CMS lax practice

ok so yesterday: mrs.harris and isabel stopped by with a gift for mee!! they brought me a BMS sweatshirt and doggie and pencils!! they are SO supportive and kind. i was soo siked because they are so siked for me, it just makes me happyhappyhappy! and then, before that, i went to the BMS accepted students partayy! haah i love partayyss! it was fun, some of my friends from the school were there, and we just got a tour and ate icecream. it was nice because we had an oppurtunity to ask questions about the school and have stuff explained to us. i am veryveryvey excited for next yearr!!!!!
so now for todays festivities: schhool. sweet! then, lax practice! we did drills, drills, and drills. my school does not have many female laxers, so many people are just joining. because of this, in practices recently we have been reviewing the basics: catching, throwing, dodges, and shooting. since i already know how to do all this, i have taken it upon myself to make the best of these practices so, ive been using my left hand! ive been using my left hand for the past two/three years, but now i can completely use it no problem. so, in these practicing, im just working on feeling as comfortable with it as i do with my right hand. when in my right: i twirl my stick, do little tricks, and just fool around with it more than with my left. im just working on feeeling as comfortable and everything. for example, today i polished my left hand behind-the-back, and learned a left hand around-the-world (created by Gary Gart). also, in these practices, when i help the younger kids, i get a chance to demostrate dodges and moves, which helps elaborate to me the areas where im being sloppy on the field, and improve. today i stayed for a lil afta practice and shot around on the goal. it was a good time. i love lacrosse so muchh! <33>

No comments: